Mark Newbold is a freelance writer for Star Wars Insider and is the co-owner of the UK's premier Star Wars fan site Jedi News alongside James Burns.
He was a guest on an April 2009 episode of The Weekly ForceCast, where he discussed the world premiere of Star Wars: A Musical Journey. Clips from his interview with ForceCast favorite Richard LeParmentier were played on the show in late 2010. He also made a guest appearance on the October 14th, 2011 episode of The Weekly ForceCast, which was recorded at Fan Days IV.
Newbold has had the following articles published in Star Wars Insider:
- Star Wars Insider 90 dated September 2006 with an article on The 2006 Artoos Awards Ceremony.
- Star Wars Insider 119 dated July 2010 with an Alan Harris interview and assorted Empire Strikes Back interviews.
- Star Wars Insider 127 dated September 2011, a letter in Bantha Tracks featuring Robert Watts.
- Star Wars Insider 128 dated November 2011 with an interview with Jenny Cresswell
- Star Wars Insider 130 dated January 2012, co-authored alongside James Burns the My Star Wars interview with Catherine Taber and 2012 Coming to a Galaxy Near You.
- Star Wars Insider 131 dated March 2012, Red Five with Nick Gillard and co-authored alongside James Burns the My Star Wars interview with Stephen Stanton.
- Star Wars Insider 132 dated May 2012, co-authored alongside James Burns the My Star Wars interview with Meredith Salenger.
Mark has been the UK Correspondent for TeeKay-421 magazine in Belgium since Issue #55 and has had articles in the following issues:
- TeeKay-421 54 dated December 2010 with an interview with Alan Harris.
- TeeKay-421 55 dated February 2011 with interviews with Cynthia Martin, Ron Frenz and Mary Jo Duffy.
- TeeKay-421 57 dated June July August 2011 with an interview with Warwick Davis.
He has reported from conventions for over a decade. These include Celebration Europe, Fan Days IV, Empire Big Screen, the Medicinema Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz, StarFest, SFB Ball, SFB Reunion, ClaudiaCon, GammaCon, UK Games Expo, London Film and Comic Con, Collectormania, and Memorabilia, as well as the Xbox 360 Kinect Star Wars launch, Toys 'R' Us Summer Madness, and LEGOLAND Windsor. He has also covered a number of film premieres, including E.T 20th Anniversary Edition (2002), The Hulk (2003), The Clone Wars (2008), Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008), Star Trek (2009) and The Phantom Menace 3D (2012).
He lives in Burntwood, Staffordshire with his wife Ruth.
- Marks first fan fiction story Quest for Freedom was written back in 1982 and has been followed by almost thirty years of continuous writing.
- His first website was launched in 1995.
- Mark oversaw lightsabre.co.uk for a decade, between 1999 and 2009.
- He co-hosted the Setnin Radio podcast for 17 episodes between 2005 and 2006.